[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna idea - flat on lid of laptop

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri Feb 21 13:25:22 EST 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Clae wrote:

> At 11:45 AM +1100 21/2/03, Simon Butcher wrote:
>
> >I'm no antenna expert, but I'm presuming they're just made of PCB (a la
> >http://www.innaloo.net/~wattsg/cheapomni/)..
>
> Thanks for the link.  I followed up a little more on that one - it's
> a re-cased retail Lucent Range Extender.  That may be an option -
> I'm looking up prices now.

The last time I looked, these were going for about $120 (Simply Wireless
here in Sydney had some to sell). It's probably worth seeing if someone
has a similar design or is willing to pull it apart.

Of course it's worth noting that it may be a copywrited design, and any
duplication would be at your own risk.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----