[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna idea - flat on lid of laptop

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Fri Feb 21 09:44:01 EST 2003

Hi all you RF wizards,

I have this laptop with a removeable section on the rear of the
screen assembly.  (The Powerbook 1400 book cover.  It was designed so
you could customise it with different colours or pictures of your
kids :-)  There is probably a millimetre or two of clearance under
the cover, or alternatively I have a spare cover which could be cut
up and modified.

How feasible would it be to build some kind of completely flat
antenna under the cover?  I am googling for clues, just thought I'd
ask if anyone has any info.

Meanwhile at http://www.ydi.com/products/wireless-internet.php I
found a couple of interesting 18dBi flat panel antennae with built in
Wifi clients

Cheers

Clae.

--
"As a net is made up by a series of knots, so everything in this
world is connected by a series of knots.  If anyone thinks that the