[MLB-WIRELESS] dwl-810

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Feb 20 18:13:32 EST 2003

> the idea is sensible, but the price is too high!
> ComputerMart have them at $304.00 - versus $140 from Vak for an AP900
> which can run as a client.... I'm putting an AP in the box....

Ahaah! But the 900ap can only do AP Client mode, not Ad-Hoc, which the
810 can do. I didn't even no a thing such as the DWL-810 existed. If we
could get a cheap supply of these (~$150 mark), they would be actually a
nice option as a client. Very nice in fact as it solves the "To IBSS or
not to IBSS?" question (or at least gives you both options).

Anyone know where we could get these cheaply if we did a bulk buy? Vak?

	Fenn.