[MLB-WIRELESS] 100-150m outdoor los net sharing

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Aug 19 15:57:08 EST 2003

Best way to do it,  Get two SVEC AP's ($125 each), setup them up in Point
to Point bridging mode so basically it will link your LAN with his LAN and
make everything appear like 1 network.

In PtP bridge mode the network will be fairly safe from unauthorised use.
As for antennas, just get two tins of pineapple juice and a couple of panel
mount N connectors.  These antennas will be more than enough for that
distance.  You will probably find you don't need much of a mast to put
these on at such a close distance and may be able to just hook them onto
your gutter or something similar.