[MLB-WIRELESS] AP setup!

Michael Carey mcarey4 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 13 22:56:59 EST 2003

Go down to your local electrical wholesaler and get a plastic box big enough
to suit the AP and with an IP rating high enough.
I bought a IP55 Luca brand box for my DWL900AP+, it has been up for six
months with NO water ingress at all. There is a 25mm plastic cable gland in
the top to allow the Heliax cable in and a flexible conduit entry in the
bottom.  The top gland is done up finger tight and is more watertight than a
frogs ar$e!! I haven't added any other sealant to the lid other than the
integral rubber seal and I have had a dry box through the rain and wind.
Oh, the lid has a heatsink mounted on it for the 7805 regulator inside, this
has been stuck on with Sikaflex, a marine caulking agent.  I check it every
couple of weeks since the heavy rain these last few months and still dry as
a bone...
Regards,
Michael.