[MLB-WIRELESS] AP setup!

Steve Smithies steve42 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 13 14:11:32 EST 2003

BAM> The omni i was going to make was a:-
BAM> http://flakey.info/antenna/omni/quarter/
BAM> they any good?

I made one of those up, and it worked fine. I'll let you make your own
conclusions from the results of my testing, though it wasn't a well
controlled experiment:

SL25-9 (9dBi) Commercial SiteLink panel antenna (60deg beamwidth,
swung through 360 degrees)

Target 1 Sig: 103  (5 metres away)
Target 1 Noi: 44
Target 2 Sig: 59   (somewhere inside, about 50 metres away)
Target 2 Noi: 50
Target 3 Sig: 55   (no idea of location.)
Target 3 Noi: 49
Target 4 Sig: none (no idea of location.)
Target 4 Noi: n/a

Quarter-wave omni. (difference to SL25-9 in brackets.)
Target 1 Sig: 95  (-8)
Target 1 Noi: 48  (+4)
Target 2 Sig: 56  (-3)
Target 2 Noi: 48  (-2)