[MLB-WIRELESS] Updating Enterasys cards to Orinoco firmware 8.10

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 4 09:57:55 EST 2003

The problem I'm having is that it seems like you need a Win9x laptop to
update the firmware from the 'virgin' enterasys 6.06 firmware to the Orinoco
firmware. Now only having WinXP and Linux on my laptop, I don't really want
to format/reinstall everything just to update the firmware on the card...

If anyone already has a laptop set up for doing this and wouldn't mind
bringing it along to the meeting, then I'd be grateful... It'd also be handy
if you knew the proceedure, because I've just been guessing at the moment :)

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.