[MLB-WIRELESS] help with ricoh cradle

Ben Grech vow at optushome.com.au
Tue Apr 29 13:54:11 EST 2003

I'd proceed as follows:

1. As already suggested, check the cradle in the other machine to make sure
it isn't a hardware problem.

2. Windows will look in c:\winnt\inf\pcmcia.pnf  for driver information, but
we can't easily tell if this file is damaged or not. Easiest way to fix this
is to delete it and make win2k look in the pcmcia.INF file instead. Make
sure the pcmcia.inf file looks legit - if not copy it from another win2k
machine.

3. c:\winnt\driver cache\driver.cab contains the pcmcia.sys file that is the
driver for the pcmcia card. Make sure this file isn't corrupted.

My money is on 1 or 2.

Cheers,
Ben.