[MLB-WIRELESS] Waterproof Boxes & IP Allocation

Dan Flett dflett at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 29 10:57:02 EST 2003

Hi people,

I'm gonna have my node (GMR) in the testing stage soon and was wondering about a couple of things...

Recently on the list someone mentioned a person who sells waterproof boxes for APs.  I've deleted the email so can someone tell us all again please? :)

Also, I've noticed on the Locfinder people with allocated IP Blocks.  For instance AFH has block 10.10.144.128/28 and FFE has 10.10.144.128/28 and 10.10.144.16/28.

What is an IP Block?  Is it a range of IP addresses that the node can use?  What is the /28 part of the address?  And how does one get a block allocated to them?

Dan