[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Anyone know these people?

Ben Holko Ben.Holko at GlobalCenter.net.au
Thu Apr 24 22:01:59 EST 2003

I believe around the 32 mark for clients supported per AP, although it will
vary from AP to AP of course

B.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
[mailto:owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au]On Behalf Of Dan Flett
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 7:03 PM
To: Abe Orchard; Melbourne Wireless Group
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Anyone know these people?

Hi Abe,

In the organisation of a Melbourne community network I believe higpoints are
beneficial as backbone links but probably aren't well suited as general
access APs.  I don't know how many clients an AP can support at any one time
but it can't be that many. (Anyone?) I suppose you'd need to set up an
organised distribution system whereby certain people out in the burbs link
to the distant highpoints, and then distribute the network in their local
area.  Not that such a system precludes the suburbs linking to each other,
rooftop to rooftop.

Dan