[MLB-WIRELESS] propriety AP vs homemade linux box

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Mon Sep 30 18:37:31 EST 2002

In my experience, the price of the really tiny computers (PC 104, 5 1/4"
or 3.5" or PCI, or any of the variations) is often out of proportion to
the the device specifications. This isnt really that important, though,
especially with low power devices... but the boards are still damn
expensive, from what i remember. At least as much as any mid end modern
desktop board.

If you know of a cheap place to obtain PC104 boards, it could be a great
idea, along with a compact flash drive and a decent amount of ram.

James