[MLB-WIRELESS] propriety AP vs homemade linux box

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Oct 1 11:50:04 EST 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Paul van den Bergen wrote:

> To turn this on it's head, does that mean that an AP box is a cheap
> source of PC cards?  :-)

Not that cheap .. :p

> I know there has beena lot of hacking of various boxes, such as the
> Xbox, Playstation, etc., but has anyone tried to hack/OS-overlay an
> AP?
>
> Hmmm. google is your friend now doubt...
>
> Oh.  That would be what the opensource.instant802.11 would be all
> about then... :-) Forget I said anything...

That works on AMD processor based devices.

I am curious if there is linux support anywhere for Samsung ARM
processors, as that is what the D-Link DWL-900AP+ runs. It has what
appears to be a PC Card or PLX slot aswell so cards could possibly be
changed.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----