[MLB-WIRELESS] IPv4, v6 OSPF and ip allocations

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Thu Nov 28 16:27:05 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:20:18PM +1100, Brendan Hiley wrote:
> Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to change over.
>
> Talk with James. - If you can pull it off, let's switch it over.

Just idle speculation;

could something wierd be set up some sort of modified DHCP system + dynamic
DNS that heirachaly leases out subnets, points routes, and updates DNS?

Not a simple job, but with something as dynamic as wireless any sort of
static IP allocation, no matter how well planned, is likely to get screwed
up as nodes are added, removed, and moved.

With a dynamic heriachial system, you could lease out subnets, then
automaticly re-adjust the subnet allocations if required when the leases
expire.

ABO: finger abo at minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key