[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: [ecna] ISOC-AU event next week

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Tue Nov 26 02:17:56 EST 2002

>Date: 25 Nov 2002 09:33:26 -0000
>From: ecna at yahoogroups.com
>To: ecna at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [ecna] Digest Number 16

>    Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:00:12 -0000
>    From: "Larry Stillman" <larrys at vicnet.net.au>
>Subject: ISOC-AU event next week
>
>Tony Hill of ISOC Au has asked me to forward this information -- can
>any ECNAites attend?
>
>http://www.isoc-au.org.au/DTF/
>
>The Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) and Maddocks, Lawyers are
>hosting a forum in Melbourne on December 3 2002 focussed on new
>Internet protocols, the standards-setting process in Australia,
>planning for new implementations, and the potential effects on users,
>both technically and personally.
>

>Program
>The speakers have significant experience in both the Australian and
>international Internet standards arena, and will review:
>Internet protocol design processes
>ENUM phone-to-computer communication
>the Wireless 802.11 protocols
>Internet Protocol Version 6
>Human accessibility design
>Standards-setting in Australia
>Developments in Web Services
>The Internet-telecommunications interface
>Future design for urban and remote regions
>Benefits
>You will gain an understanding of the latest developments in Internet
>protocols, how they become Australian standards, new applications,
>and how human requirements and locations will affect future design.
>The forum will be useful to:
>System and network managers, technical staff
>Government technical managers and planners
>Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers
>Government policy advisors in online access and society
>
>Location
>The Forum will start at 9:00 am (Registration 8:30am) and will take
>place in the Conference Room at:
>Maddocks
>Level 7, 140 William Street
>Melbourne Vic 3000
>
>Seating is limited, so please register early. The site is fully
>wheelchair-accessible.

>----------
>

>About ISOC-AU
>The Internet Society of Australia is a non-profit, user-focussed
>organisation that promotes development of the Internet in Australia
>to benefit the whole community, including business, academic,
>professional and individual Internet users.
>
>About Maddocks
>Maddocks is a leading Australian law firm that offers proven legal
>and strategic expertise in a broad range of practice areas and
>industry sectors, with a particular focus upon the legal and
>technological challenges involved in e-business and IT.

-the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want - aum namah shivayam -
allah u akhbar -
- in memoriam for the people of all nations and faiths killed in the
Bali bombing -
- in memoriam for the 500,000+ people of all faiths and ethnicities
killed in Indonesia by state forces supported by the US and Australia
-
- in memoriam for the 200,000+ killed in East Timor alone