[MLB-WIRELESS] [OT] Inter group relations (aka: locfinder v2 beta)

Tyson Clugg tyson at wireless.org.au
Mon Nov 25 19:36:53 EST 2002

> Obviously there is still Sydney vs. Melbourne problems

That is simply not true.

/me points at http://www.wireless.org.au/
    "Other Community Projects" sidebox.
        Sydney ==> http://www.sydneywireless.com/

/me points at http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/
    "Related Projects" sidebox, "More..."
        AWA ==> http://www.australianwireless.org/
        e3 ==> http://e3.com.au/
        Sydney Wireless ==> http://www.sydneywireless.com/

There is no animosity between Melbourne Wireless and any other group that I
am aware of.  We have all been working hard to improve our relationships
with all other groups, and we continue striving to establish more effective
communications with these groups.

Having said the above, if any of you feel there are any new or outstanding
issues relating to Melbourne Wireless interacting with other groups then may
I suggest the following:
* That you contact the committee (or any member thereof) with your
concerns - this may be anonymously if you wish.  See
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/committee/ for contact details.  My
telephone details are in my signature.
* That you refrain from slandering Melbourne Wireless on this or any other
public forum, unless you feel the concerns you have raised with the
committee have been addressed unjustly.
* That you try to maintain a positive outlook on the entire situation.
Prejudices are all too easily assumed and difficult to forget - and tend to
be magnified tenfold having never physically met the other party as is often
the case online.  I'm prepared to make a mad dash from Melbourne to Sydney
*again*, if that's what is required to set the record straight.

Regards,
Tyson Clugg.

PS: I'll be at a work conference at the Marriot on the Gold Coast from
Monday December 1st until Friday December 5th (next week) if anyone in the
area wants to [meet|catch up|flame in person] - email/call me to arrange a
meeting time.  ;)

   Tyson at wireless.org.au
 President at wireless.org.au
   B/H: +61 3 9545 8117