[MLB-WIRELESS] Dlink dual band wireless

Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au
Fri Nov 22 13:15:09 EST 2002

Yep, that's right.

I can send you the document (or a snapshot of that page) if you like. However at
this stage it looks most of the major manufacturers who focus on volume stock,
(which is priced within yours & my reach!)  are running with the lower side of
the band.

There are some running 5.8, and the throughput is great. But due to the higher
propagation loss of the 5.8Ghz signal and the maximum EIRP as set by the ACA,
these are limited to distance. Many using 5.8 are using proprietary modulation
schemes and are not 802.11.

-Michael

Tony Langdon <tlangdon at atctraining.com.au> on 22/11/2002 10:14:27 AM