[MLB-WIRELESS] transform Linksys WAP11 to Linksys DWL-900+

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Sun Nov 10 12:21:38 EST 2002

Vaskos,

Thanks for the tip (I noticed in your ABS version you had kept the internal
antenna, I guess this was a beta).  What size case did you go for?  I've got
a 900AP and am going to try to fit it into a 120x33x95 case
(http://www.customer-self-service.com/RadioParts/ProdView.aspx?Product=04852
720).  Did you replace the screws?  I think they are just tin plated - I'm
going to look for matching brass ones.  Finally did you just run 5V up the
ethernet or build a p/s into the case?  I'm planning on using a 7805
regulator in the case and feeding something like 12V up the cable.

I can probably help people out with these resistors if they have trouble
getting them (www.rockby.com.au might have them).

Ryan,  It will be interesting to see what the repeater offers.  We need to
start a wiki on the capability of these APs.  I've a little confused as to
the features of all the different modes (AP Client, P-P Bridge, P-M Bridge,
AP, repeater etc.).

Am I right that if too many of us go for pole mounted APs in AP mode we
won't be able to actually connect without swinging some of them into AP
client mode? (or using a second AP on a directional in client mode).

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
http://www.wiresncode.com/projects