[MLB-WIRELESS] transform Linksys WAP11 to Linksys DWL-900+

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Sun Nov 10 11:56:55 EST 2002

I have mast mounted my AP and mounted it in a diecast box.

A word of advice, if you are intending to do something similar and don't end
up using the diversity functions
(as per this discussion thread), do what I did. Desolder the internal antenna
and terminate the pcb with a 50 ohm surface mount resistor.

This is done for 2 reasons:

1) You do not want 15-30mW of RF radiating inside an encased box - your circuitry
won't last long.

2)If you desolder the antenna (to avoid the issue as described above), you will
have an open circuit termination and most of the energy will reflect back to
the source. This may damage the final amplification stage in the radio.

Cheers,

Vaskos