[MLB-WIRELESS] Ack, dag nabbit! the mailing list is ruined my emailaddress.

Rowan Wainwright-Smith Rowan at teleaudit.com
Mon May 27 09:52:07 EST 2002

I, too, have noticed an increase in spam, but nothing too hideous....

However, as a programmer, i have the code here, that will fix the archive and
make all the e-mail addresses into _absolutely_ anything at all..... if the
powers that be within the organization would like to use this product, then they
can feel free to contact me. Of course, some small mods may be required to the
code depending on the platform the archive is located on, and to automate the
process, but nothing major!

I think, that as an organisation, wireless.org.au, has an obligation to protect
its members (and members of its mailing lists) from this type of thing. This is
covered under privacy legislation, and the group should look at this VERY
carefully, or find ourselves left _WIDE_ open legally with respect to privacy
issues.

Steven, Tyson, et al, I suggest that you look into this as a matter of the utmost
urgency, before somebody gets really nasty about it.

It should also be noted, that most mailer-daemons (windoze based ones) have the
ability to protect the identities (e-mail addresses) of its subscribers, its just
a question of finding the setting for it.

Rowan