[MLB-WIRELESS] Hardware compatibility

David vk3jda at optushome.com.au
Wed May 22 20:27:27 EST 2002

Hi Jeff,
        I have some info at work on the Proxim card (I have 2 of then my self) This card is an Openair card not 802.11b it will work with Proxim AP models ? and Intermec AP models 0110, 0111, 2100 and Norand AP 6710.
The 2100 and 6710 need to have the right radio card installed.
The 2100 can run 900MHz or Openair or 802.11b at 2.4GHz
The 6710 can run 900MHz or Openair only at 2.4GHz

Do you know what country (US or AUS channel set)?

If this is one of the 802.11b ones Entrasys Cabletron PCMCIA WiFi card (from the Bulk order of cards just gone) it will not work with the Proxim cards.

As for the Symbol Spectrum 24 2mbps AP. model AP-3021  this AP is NOT Openair or 802.11B it will not talk to the PCMCIA cards.

I should have more info at work if you need  it as I work with Symbol, Intermec, Telxon/Aironet and Proxim wireless lan gear you can e-mail me direct.

          Thank you
          David
          VK3JDA
          Webmaster M&DRC