[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Cluster ???

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optushome.com.au
Tue May 21 19:48:24 EST 2002

Hey all,

Would it be possible and feasible once we have a reasonable mesh of pc's running together to run a wireless clustering system using linux and "possibly" sell our combined proccessing power to research companies to pay for shared internet access for all ???.

Please dont dredge up all other old wars on this one.  All I am asking is would it be possible and feasible and what sorta performamce would the slow wireless cards make instead of hardwired LAN's ??  Obviously it would also depend on the performance of the server its running on as well but that an equation that is akin to how long is a peice of string.

Matt.