[MLB-WIRELESS] National IP allocation and routing scheme??

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon May 20 19:27:13 EST 2002

evilbunny wrote:

> Hello Drew,
>
> To be considering using additional allotments of IP space tends to
> indicate even them not seeing just the 16 mill IP's being enough...

16 million is not enough if the current plans to embed teensy little
radio transmitters in shoes and packets of chips go ahead.  they'll all
need their own ip numbers.

These proposals are serious. I'm boggled by it all, I'm *sure* those who
come up with these guhroovy schemes never considered how to handle the
network setup and routing, they just looked at the micro technology and
extrapolated outwards.

I've read things about trillions of nodes soon, etc.
Who know how far this could wind up? Better to snag as many addresses as
possible. But they are limited. Oh yeah, IPv6...

Dwayne