[MLB-WIRELESS] National IP allocation and routing scheme??

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Mon May 20 17:43:35 EST 2002

Hello Drew,

Did see this in the comments though...

---

Sucky idea. 10.* is already widely used inside organizations
(even small ones) and some home networks. And if all of
10.* can be filled in 18 months, then even co-opting other
bits for future use doesn't sound highly viable.

There are very large blocks of reserved addresses left
though:

From: http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
082-095/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81
096-126/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81

That means 82.0.0.0 to 126.255.255.255 is unused and reserved.

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...