[MLB-WIRELESS] National IP allocation and routing scheme??

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Mon May 20 17:20:03 EST 2002

Hello Drew,

little research goes a long way...

http://boingboing.net/2002_05_01_archive.html#85084529

NoCat and the Virtual Public Network
Oh, this is tasty. The NoCatAuth project is proposing to hand out
slices of the 10.*.*.* network-space to people who operate radios that
use NoCatAuth. This means that everyone who's on the global community
wireless network can route to one another, even though they have
non-routable IPs. I just asked Rob what he's gonna do when they run
out of the 10.*.*.* network. Schuyler said that'd take about 18
months, and we'd better have IPv6 by then (groans of dismay). No
sweat, said Rob -- who needs to talk to General Electric's network?
They've got an entire Class-A that we could start privately assigning
(essentially extraterratorializing the GE net-space without letting
inhibiting GE's ability to enjoy it).

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...