[MLB-WIRELESS] Community Wireless Client project.

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu May 16 15:09:50 EST 2002

Drew,

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Drew wrote:
> Jamie Lovick wrote:
>

> >I am more suggesting something to run as a client rather than a wireless
> >access point or access server.
> >
> >This is for people who do not want to run an access point, but just a
> >client on the network.
> >

> What's the point of running a dedicated linux box as a client when
> it's trivial to add connectivity to others as well? We're not
> following the eb master plan in melbourne, everyone node should be
> extending the network, not merely a client of an AP.

It's not about evil plans or any such thing, it's about providing people
with options. Some people just want to be a client, so they can switch
off or reboot and play games or do whatever they want with their PC.

Not everyone is willing to deadicate a PC to a wireless mesh full time.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----