Network defences, was Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [TECH] Dipole anten nas, and melbwireless structure

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Mar 20 08:59:44 EST 2002

> 1.  Haven't learnt how to use wiki yet.  Intend to soon.

Try it, it's fun, easy and very useful.  You might even get addicted.  It's
like having a blank wall to post notices on. :-)  If you have a look, it'll
only take you a minute or two to get started (not exaggerating, it _is_ that
simple).

> 2.  Been using #melb-wireless.  It's difficult to talk about a complex
> scenario on irc, as state quickly disappears from the
> conversation...  long
> paragraphs are needed, and peoples attentions wander to other
> things.  Email
> is a lot more appropriate for hardcore serious discussions.

Agreed, you can't easily go into great depth on IRC.  IRC is best for really
fast real time events and social interaction. :)

> I'll wait for consensus on the issue, if you don't mind.

I think we've covered a goood bit of ground, and discussion here has been
quite productive.  However, the same old thing going round in circles does
get a little stale, and it might be a good time to move to the wiki, with
some of the finer points being discussed in here.  The wiki has the longest
persistence of any of the media we use here, and is well suited to this long
term goal stuff.

In other words, it's on topic here, but we may want to setup base camp on
the wiki, where there's less passing traffic and we can establish things
better without getting too much in the way of others.  Important
developments can be posted back to the list as needed. :)