[MLB-WIRELESS] IP addressing, OSPF and a .plan

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Sat Mar 16 05:29:08 EST 2002

Jason Brice wrote:

> shouldn't we at least approach someone before we decide that public
> address space is not feasible? Is it really responsible of us to assume
> we wont get what we want and leave it at that?
>
> I would really hate to see this group jump into an inappropriate
> design/addressing space
> How many people here have actual EXPERIENCE designing large networks and
> suitable, scalable addressing systems?
> Lets elect a small group of experienced people to handle the addressing,

> /me raises my hand.

Excellent suggestion we have had lots of excellent debate on
this topic on the list and creating a separate addressing
working party seems a great idea. Adrian Close springs to mind
as someone who has had a lot of input in the past if you were
looking for volunteers

I'd also suggest a separate working party email list would be
advantageous to reduce the addressing traffic on this list

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing