[MLB-WIRELESS] IP addressing, OSPF and a .plan

Drew drew at wirelessanarchy.com
Fri Mar 15 10:04:14 EST 2002

Jason Brice wrote:

>"I don't see public IP addresses as being an option, as IP(v4) addresses
>are
>a scarce resource, and we're not likely to interconnect with the
>Internet
>for some time anyway."
>

>shouldn't we at least approach someone before we decide that public
>address space is not feasible? Is it really responsible of us to assume
>we wont get what we want and leave it at that?

this discussion has come and gone too many times already, and dont take
this the wrong way, but you're the 254th person to join the list, a lot
has been discussed before you got here. personally I'd rather NOT have
globally routable IP's on this network, even if it was available.

snip

>Id love to help out/head up the team/offer advice, or whatever.
>
>lets get things right the first time :)

sounds good, if you come up with a plan, add it to the wiki for the rest
to discuss.

-Drew