OT NOISE Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Broadband - What's Best For The Bush?

Will Lotto lotto at impulse.net.au
Thu Mar 7 18:11:54 EST 2002

Before I start, I apologise to anyone on the list who works for vicone. I'm sure
there's *got* to be one or two people who aren't clueless in the
company

>>            In addition to the new Bairnsdale site, AAPT has established
> LMDS nodes in six different suburbs and has 42 POPs for VicOne, a network
> serving 3500 sites with approximately 700 000 potential daily users.

LMAO!

700,000 "potential" daily users? ... like, 700,000 users could "potentially"
use the network if it was working reliably?
or, they could "potentially" have 700,000 users on the network if
everyone was at work/school, wanted to pay volume charges, and didn't
care about the restrictions/speed/filters/downtime?

Can we come out with claims like that too?

Like, "The Melbourne community has established a community network,
with a number of nodes across Melbourne of Geelong with 3.5 million
potential daily users.* "

*There's nothing stopping everyone in melbourne getting a laptop and a
wireless card jumping on the network... it's possible :) There's
potential there.

Okay, I'm done.
Sorry for the noise :)
---
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759