[MLB-WIRELESS] Channels used by 802.11b devices are different in other countries?

Tony Smith tony at tonsyl.org
Fri Jun 21 14:38:07 EST 2002

I'm using Dlink DWL-520s here as both an access point and a client, I
purchased these cards in the US.

They have no difficulty interacting with a Xircom CWE1120 and a Orinoco Gold
card that were bought here in Australia

> Is it true that wireless devices sold in Australia used different
> channel to device sold in US. i.e the freguency assigned to channel 1
> here might be channel 5 in US.

Cheers

Tony Smith

Connected to the internet in Sunny Far North Queensland Australia
http://www.tonsyl.org