[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH PCI cradle

Andy Freeman wireless at kawasaki.kz
Wed Jun 19 21:42:36 EST 2002

I have used 4 different types of pcmcia adaptor cards in the last couple
of months...

1. ISA "Lucent Wavelan Badged" card, works a treat in anything that has
a ISA slot, but ISA motherboards are getting hard to find now.

2. PCI "Lucent Wavelan Badged" card, had trouble in a nasty "yum-cha"
slot 1 board but has worked in 2 other known name boards (MSI, ASUS
etc).

3. 3COM "777" wireless PCI adaptor.  This has a 3Com card in it with a
sticker saying "do not remove the card".  This wouldn't work in a nasty
P166 board today but has worked in another machine.

4. PCI "Ricoh".  I installed it today in the above P166 and it worked
like a charm.  This motherboard wouldn't be PCI2.2 but the Ricoh worked
ok.

To summarise...

a. Give it a go, the results are less than scientific.

b. If it doesn't work in your P166 get another one, surely you wouldn't
pay more that a couple of dollars for a P166 board.

Andy.