[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH PCI cradle

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Wed Jun 19 18:08:26 EST 2002

>and i have a pentium 233 mmx and an asus mobo that seems to not object to
>running the cradle :P
>hehehe, i've just thrown a spanner in the works to this situation haven't i?
>ehehehhe

Maybe... I am thinking though that the BIOS on my mobo isn't up to the job,
it's not the hardware as the cradle works, as did the PLX adapter - it's
just that interrupts never happened.  I have tried all modes of PCI detect
and init. in the kernel, fiddled the BIOS to either configure or not
configure the PCI bus but it's all the same.  No banana on the FIC-PA2007
with the latest BIOS from 1999.  Oh well.

> > when you say slot1 i hope you mean once that have pent3 support becouse i
> > know that i have a slot1 pent2 machine here that doesnt do pci2.0

Doesn't do 2.0?  It must do at least PCI2.0, else you don't have PCI worth
speaking of.  What cruddy chipset does it have?