[MLB-WIRELESS] (Squid Proxy) Paths clearing for wireless networks

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Tue Jun 18 15:28:42 EST 2002

>>----------
>>8.8 You must not resell, share or otherwise distribute the Service (or
>>any portion thereof) to any third party without the prior written
>>consent of Optus. For example, you must not provide Internet access to
>>others through a dial up or wireless connection, host shell accounts
>>over the Internet, provide email or news service or send a news feed.
>>----------
>>

>I guess this one is a matter of interpretation, No we can't allow some one
>to get the latest kernel via our connection, how ever, if it happens to be
>that I've downloaded it via the proxy and it's still there and some one else
>gets it from the proxy, there's nothing wrong with that in /MY/ eyes.

Right, I never assumed that people could make direct requests, as that
would then be sharing the internet connection, but if Squid
automatically cached everything that everyone downloaded, and we indexed
all this data, we could have a nice little search engine you could check
to see if "file X" is on the wlan before you get it off the net.
Effectively this shares everyone's connections, but extremely indirectly.