[MLB-WIRELESS] RoamAbout client operation problem was "Wireless Question"

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Mon Jun 17 11:15:13 EST 2002

Michael Borthwick said :,

>I had not seen this problem in over three months of using these cards, and
>tested every one of the 50 that I sold in Win 98 SE before I sent them
out.

Yeah I've got 2 of your cards and also 2 of the $50 ones and they all work
fine in the 2 laptop's. ie. swap them all out and shuffle them all around
and they are fine. its just the desktop machine that im having trouble
with. The laptops were both win95 so this might also be a factor.

>Under Win98 SE the problem only appeared when someone decided to upgrade
my
>Roamabout Utility to the current version from the web site. I imply
reinstalled
>the Enterasys software from the original CD and have not seen the problem
>again.

I'll try a reinstall of different versions of the Client Utility and see it
that helps. Its probably just a bug in the util as my connection seems to
work even though that client shows that the connection disappears 3 times /
second.

Lucas