[MLB-WIRELESS] Question about some Wireless cards

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Fri Jun 14 12:14:45 EST 2002

>Question 1:
>     Does the Antenna Gain have to match the Gain of the wireless card or can
>it be higher? (I am thinking that it does NOT have to match the card, but
>just thought i had better check.)

No, the two are independant.  The higher the gain you can get for your
antenna the better.  But... you have to make sure your antenna is impedance
matched properly to the card and associated cables.... Ah.... don't panic
just yet though.

>Question 3:
>     Is D-Link  wireless stuff any good.

D-Link stuff is fine.  I have modified a DWL-520 (see here
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/pigtail/pigtail.html) to allow fitting
of a variety of antennas.

Come to the wireless meeting tonight