[MLB-WIRELESS] Question about some Wireless cards

-|- Hurgh -|- hurgh at oxley.vic.edu.au
Fri Jun 14 12:18:19 EST 2002

Ok, I am new to this, but I am very keen to get started.

I have a few questions, the first one is really stupid I know but I just
want to make sure that I don't go spend money and then find out that it wont
work.

Question 1:
    Does the Antenna Gain have to match the Gain of the wireless card or can
it be higher? (I am thinking that it does NOT have to match the card, but
just thought i had better check.)

Question 2:
    I am looking at getting these two products (link below), Do you think
they will work together?

    http://www.dlink.com.au/products/wireless/dwl520/
    http://www.dlink.com.au/products/wireless/antenna/ant24_1801.htm

Question 3:
    Is D-Link  wireless stuff any good.

If you have any comments about the Dlink stuff that i am looking at getting
please let me know, also if you have any other sugestions (like i should get
a different antenna, or build one myself or whatever), please also let me
know, eaither by replying to the list or to me personally.

Thanks for any help.

-|- Hurgh -|-