[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB!

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Wed Jun 12 16:32:31 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Pearce" <mattpearce at optushome.com.au>
To: <sneeze at alphalink.com.au>; <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB!

| If that is the case (and we are unsure of it yet) I would propose that
| people dont buy these cards and let them sit till who ever is selling them
| drops there price a long way (ie 50%).
|
| Matt.

While people bulk buying to resell and make some cash on them is possible,
if George (the original person who organised the deal) got an order for say
50 or more cards, do you think that he wouldn't be suspicious and question
the persons intentions.

The original deal (AFAIK) came from a client of a large IT company who
purchased a pile of cards (in order of the multiple thousands) the company
then went bust (IIRC) and the stock sat in storage for quite a few months.
As a method of redeeming costs, these were then offered to the employees of
said company at a certain rate.

One of my mates works for this company and he got a few cards (~ 20) for $35
ea. cause they could tell it was not for bulk reselling. I am unsure of how
much Georges contact recieved the cards for cause they were supposedly
selling them for more to people who were obviously planning on on-selling,
and hey, fair enough, they just wanted to re-coup costs, they are a business
afterall.

There were quite a few cards left over (eg: multiple hundreds) according to
one source the other week and we were told we could possibly get them for
$40, however when we went back to make an order 4 days later, there was
NOTHING left. So thats the end of the deals with the Enterasys cards from
that source.

People may have purchased some in the initial deal and are reselling them.
People may be have organised other deals thru other vendors.

The point is....who really cares?

It's the best deal thats on offer at the moment....it's still far cheaper
than your going to get RRP.....

If you want a warantee and a pretty box and instructions, pay retail.