[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys Orinocco Firmware Update

Andrew Dean ferni at shafted.com.au
Sun Jul 14 23:14:34 EST 2002

I'm no expert on the enterasys cards and thier firmware
but i have 2 cards flashed to 8.10 (done by the person i bought them off)
and when i put them in my freebsd box it reports 8.10.01

Jul 13 02:27:00 bitc /kernel: wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 10 slot 0 on
pccard0
Jul 13 02:27:00 bitc /kernel: wi0: 802.11 address: 00:01:f4:ec:06:41
Jul 13 02:27:00 bitc /kernel: wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
Jul 13 02:27:00 bitc /kernel: wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station 8.10.01
Jul 13 02:27:00 bitc pccardd[49]: wi0: Cabletron (RoamAbout 802.11 DS)
inserted.

as you can see....

my 3rd enterasys card i flashed from 6.04 (buggy i belive) to 6.06

this reports as 6.06  - notice no difference between them?

Andrew