[MLB-WIRELESS] Powered by XML

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Thu Jul 11 09:28:26 EST 2002

Hi all,

  Well after a little struggling to cope with actually working out how
  to turn XML into SQL NodeDB.com now is able to handle bulk uploading
  by XML...

  DTD can be found at... http://www.nodedb.com/ndbcom.dtd

  This is my first attempt at XML importing, and so far so good, it
  seems to handle it find, and is able to update on a per field basis,
  rather then needing a complete upload all the time etc etc etc...

  This could potentially could be used to accept data from a
  simple prog, ie the location you think an access point is,
  rather then your location, so rather then using netstumbler logs
  which records your pos you could fudge the figures a little and add
  more info such as the street address, floor number etc etc etc...

  Something for someone to play with I guess...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                          mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...