[MLB-WIRELESS] Ericsson Australia's submission to the wireless broadband inquiry

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 9 05:35:21 EST 2002

>Ey all,
>This is from Ericsson Australia's submission to the wireless broadband
>inquiry. Reading through the bad English, do they want the government to
>introduce charges for using 2.4GHz spectrum?
>- Barry

No, they want to eliminate all exceptions to the carrier license, so
everyone will have to buy a $10,000 license.  Then they want the govt
to budget money to buy licenses (from themselves) for community
groups like us.  And I can really see that funding continuing past
year one if it was ever brought in.

>Managing Spectrum for non-commercial and broadcasting services
>Ericsson believes “a system of explicit budgetary support should replace the
>current
>system of granting exemptions and concessions from spectrum charges to some
>non-government,
>non-commercial users.” Such would have the advantage of making
>spectrum usage transparent and assist in maximising the efficient use of
>spectrum
>through the establishment of pricing signals currently missing.

what a bunch of crap.  They're advocating spectrum rationing by $

--
David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them  -tahl