[MLB-WIRELESS] Page 2 of today's age

Toliman toliman at ihug.com.au
Mon Jul 8 12:05:10 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dwayne" <dwayne at pobox.com>
To: "melbourne wireless" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Page 2 of today's age

> Robbie Werner wrote:
> >
> > I can only hope!!!
> >
> > If the person who wrote that article is on this list, then I'm even more
> > appalled.  Even a casual reader of this list would understand that
> > wardriving is an act of curiosity for the overwhelming majority of
people
> > who do it.  He acts like there's all these people running around with
> > laptops trying to bring down corporate and home networks...
>

> ... spot the target demographic...

Could be worse... Sen. Gareth Evans could be warchalking along canberra in a
desperate attempt to distract the public from lleyton hewitt's
tennis/cricket/futbol win. ehh, who keeps count anyway. There's always a
story, and you never hear unrefined truths from the media. The media is what
it is, a business designed for sensation and sales; a two-edged sword.
lately its been angling for a new position inadvertently advertising the
biographies from kernot and mackenroe, next week it will be placated and
forgotten along with the hundreds of other things that we ignore.

The aus. media has a hard enough time making legitimate news with legitimate
stories, that don't result in cliche'd headlines and cliche'd prose every 2
sentences. it is boilerplate sensationalism, however unwarranted the
attention, a story like this, is bound to occur at some time.

Toliman.