[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: [mesh] WOAH!

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Jul 1 14:26:14 EST 2002

> And i've said it once and i'll say it again.  Why put energy
> into investigating
> the viability of an Internet feed when you could be putting
> that energy into
> getting an actual network happening.  I'm thinking we've got
> a pile of people
> here with a Enterasys wireless card in their PC/notebook with
> no wireless network
> at all saying "yeah sic mate, internet feed for my wireless
> network, wicked".
>  WHAT BLOODY WIRELESS NETWORK?!?!?? You've got a wireless
> card and a can of
> pears you think you might make into a "cantenna" one day. Big woop.

Well, to put another slant on it,I _already_ have wireless Internet.  Just
ask Troy, who made use of the facility on the weekend.  I might mention,
that involves a wireless router on my LAN, which is connected to cable. :-)
Hooking up to other people _outside_ of the Internet is where the real fun
starts.  If someone points an antenna my way, I'll have a bash at pointing
something back. :)

> I'm starting to feel as if I'm the only person who has
> something up and running
> and is actually physically making progress instead of just
> talking and speculating
> about it.

Well, I have the bits too...  Just need an accessible node. :)