[MLB-WIRELESS] Physics guide

Julian Featherston julian at concentrate.com.au
Tue Jan 15 20:25:45 EST 2002

Thankyou Tony - quick too!

That makes total sense
When finished I'll be losing 5.8dB across 40m of LMR600 or 8.88 across
LMR400, plus the one RP-TNC connector.
But the feed for the dishes are likely to be a long way from optimal to
begin with, I've got the fundamentals of parabolic dishes and some way
into feeding them, however I need a primary understanding concerning the
point of conversion from electric and magnetic fields in e and h planes
to voltage potential signals in cable. Not the math (would be good too)
but I'd love to get some feel for what is happening at that point - I
don't even know what that component is called.

Re:Physics guide - I'm finding http://www.qsl.net/n1bwt/contents.htm
very helpful

P.S. I shall get into Amazon having read Tony's last - still if you
found great stuff online let us know

Jules