[MLB-WIRELESS] Workshop...

Glen Brunning bchild at melbwireless.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 15 11:33:45 EST 2002

Lucas Lozo (lucas.lozo at cdt.com.au) wrote*:

>Has anyone done any testing comparing different antennas?
>
>i got a old-Galaxy one as well, but is there anything better to use?
>
>I mean by the time you stuffaround with it, time might be better used in
>making a different version up.?
>
>Just asking???

<snip>

Yeah Lucas, i have used a few antennas, it basically comes down to distance and
what's in your LOS more than anything. dBi is the key, I've made some small
versions of jason's helical antenna, I've used 13dBi yagi, and now I'm using ex-
galaxy parabolic grid antennas, all do the job all work well in my field tests,
though the higher the dBi the better my results were. so key is just find a
antenna with high gain on it, and you'll be set.

Glen
Melbourne: Digital and Wireless