[MLB-WIRELESS] 'Passive' repeater

Rob Werner rwerner at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 15 00:34:06 EST 2002

OK, can I please get some thoughts on this?

An Airport base-station is out of my budget but I can get D-Link DWL520
802.11b PCI cards for $180, probably less.  If I then build a low spec PC
(free from my junk box) with one of these cards and an omni antenna, could
this be used to achieve the same thing?

Also, does anyone have any info about omnidirectional antennas in regard to
wireless networking?  I can really only find info about directional ones.

Thanks,

-Rob

PS.  I hope you guys don't mind me bugging you with all these questions.  I
would really like to put something back into the group so let me know if I
can help with anything.  I'm a multimedia developer by trade, but just ask.
:)