READ THIS: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] grumpy people - get a move on

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:38:12 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:17:03AM +1100, adamneat wrote:
> I know of one Telco that is keeping a close eye on the scene and has
> contacted the ACA on many occasions regarding this [list(s)].

i worked for a fairly large local rural ISP in queensland only a
little while ago. the ISP participated in the networking the nation
program. several other large and small ISPs were up in arms.

one telco who shall remain nameless badgered our helpdesk for a while
trying to do a bit of social engineering and find out things like
how many customers we had, what our usage was, etc...

> The ACA are monitoring through updates from that / those organisations.

i believe that these sorts of organisations field complaints then
start their investigations...

> There appears to be a few people on the list thinking they will get free
> 'net access from this group which is only going to lead to regulatory
> organisations sniffing around if this mis-informed notion is widely known.

as always someone is going to try it on and try for something free..

just an after thought, how many telcos are left in oz now?

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|