[MLB-WIRELESS] Galaxy Antennas

Richard Talbot richardt at frontline.com.au
Wed Jan 9 16:28:10 EST 2002

Just wondering what people consider to be the most effective way to modify
Galaxy Antennas is? I have a number of surplus units here that I might be
prepared to modify and supply to wireless users. However, I am not quite
sure what the best way of doing it would be. I intend to modify my own by
soldering a piece of LMR-400 directly to the diplexor. This is probably not
that good for the average user who doesn't want to solder etc.

The best thing to do would be to install a short cable with an N connector
on it. Unfortunately LMR-400 connectors are about $30 each, effectively
increasing costs dramatically. One could use some RG-213 and entry level N
connectors but there ars some losses involved here. What do people think?