[MLB-WIRELESS] Weatherproofing a cable

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 14:11:53 EST 2002

> I've not been following this thread but...

> Heatshrink would work well too. Gotta love heatshrink.

>  >I've found stuff wound around N connects here at work that resembles some
sort of >> >rubbery(elasticy) sticky tape.

> Sounds a bit like latex....

What you want is self-amalgamating tape. It's a butyl rubber compound.
It comes on a fair sized roll (black), and is available from Dick "Phuck the
Hobbyists, we want retail sales!" Smith, as well as from Jaycar (A'Beckett St in
the city). Good stuff, you stretch it out before applying and wind it around and
it ends up forming this big black mass as it melts into itself... funny stuff
anyway this is the gear pro's use. few bucks, but it's better than filling the
coax sheath up with water :)