[MLB-WIRELESS] Interesting thought for all the radio heads

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Mon Feb 18 11:46:35 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Shane Chubb wrote:

> Whilst driving on the weekend Shaun and I came up with the idea of
> trying a bit of war driving.
> Without wanting to look like something from mad, max we decided to
> investigate the possibilities of utilising an old Analogue mobile phone
> whip as a wireless omni?

Wrong size, wrong frequency. You might be able to mount a 2.4Ghz antannae
onto one of the mounts though. Whats wrong with cars that look like they
just drove off a mad max set?

> This would make the ULTIMATE war driving antenna - no-one would ever
> know.

Well, when i find out whether perspex absorbs microwaves or not... there
are places that will make up protective domes out of perspex, etc.

James