[MLB-WIRELESS] Give me some of that good cable....+++ connectors etc

darrend at natwide.com.au darrend at natwide.com.au
Fri Feb 15 13:34:04 EST 2002

RG174 and RG316 are some alternatives (as long as you keep it short) that
are nice and thin (<3mm). These are typically used for lucent and cisco
mmcx pigtail leads.
Also, after discovering that most pcmcia cards appear to have internal
pcb's ready to accept an external connector, I've been looking at using
some of this stuff. The pcb layouts look to suit SMB and MCX (aka OSX) pcb
mount connectors. These seem to be readilly available for around $15. My
idea is to get a ready made MCX to SMA RG316 cable which is commonly
available in the GPS industry.
I'll post more details once I've completed this mod to my Netgear cards,
which turns out are made by Delta Networks (no doubt some dodgy taiwanese
crew)

Darren Dreis
IT Manager
Nationwide Digital Products P/L